|All-purpose flour||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs) (2 Sticks)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Currants||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mixed candied peel||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Candied cherries||10 , cut in half|
|Ground almonds||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated orange peel||1 Tablespoon|
|Sliced almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 325F.
2. Lightly grease a 9-inch spring-form pan and set aside till required
3. In a large bowl, sift the flour with salt and mix well
4. In a large bowl of an electric mixer, add the butter and the sugar and cream well till it is light and fluffy.
5. Add the eggs to the butter sugar mixture, one at a time, and beat well till the mixture is soft and fluffy
6. Run the mixer on low speed and add the currants, raisins, candied peel and cherries to the batter.
7. Add the ground almonds, grated orange peel and mix well again. Turn this mixture into the prepared pan.
8. Arrange the sliced almonds in a circular pattern on top of the batter and bake the mixture on the middle shelf of the oven for 1-1/2 hours
9. Remove from the oven and let it cook on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Then loosen it from the edges of the tin and let it cool completely. This cake will keep well if it is refrigerated after wrapping it with foil
10. Serve thinly sliced.