Vanilla Flavored Salzburg Nockerl
|Eggs||4 , separated|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla sugar||To Taste (As Required)|
1) Preheat the oven to 325° F.
2) In a bowl, beat the egg whites with cream of tartar and salt, until foamy.
3) Gradually beat in the sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the egg whites are glossy and form peaks.
4) In another bowl, beat the egg yolks with flour, until thick and light.
5) Then gently fold the yolk mixture into the egg whites.
6) In a frying pan, melt the butter, until bubbly.
7) Spoon in the batter in 4 mounds and fry for about 2 minutes, until the bottoms are brown.
8) In a pan, transfer the mounds and bake in the preheated oven for about 7 minutes, until the tops and browned.
9) Sprinkle with the vanilla sugar, or cinnamon and sugar, or finely grated chocolate or some liqueur and serve the Salzburger Nockerl, immediately.
Calories 311 Calories from Fat 146
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g25.4%
Saturated Fat 8.8 g44%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 241.7 mg80.6%
Sodium 132.4 mg5.5%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.3 g1.2%
Sugars 25.7 g
Protein 8 g15.1%
Vitamin A 11.9% Vitamin C
Calcium 3.2% Iron 8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet