|Fruits||3⁄4 Pound (Apples, Plums, Rhubarb, Gooseberries, Etc)|
|Sugar||3 Ounce (Depending On Sweetness Of Fruit)|
|Plain flour||4 Ounce|
1. Pre-heat oven to Regulo 4 or 350°F.
2. Take a 1 1/2 pint pie dish and grease it.
3. Wash, clean and prepare fruit according to kind. Leave in water if necessary (e.g. apples) or pack the fruits into the greased pie dish. Scatter sugar on top.
4. Prepare the crumble: In a bowl, sieve flour, add margarine and sugar. Rub in with the fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
5. Scatter the crumble over the fruit. Even it out with the back of a tablespoon.
6. Bake half way down the oven for 30-40 minutes, until fruit is soft and crumble is golden brown.
7. Serve the crumble warm with custard.