1. In a saucepan, combine together the water and the butter or margarine; bring the mixture to boil.
2. Add the baking powder, flour, and salt all at once, stirring continuously to avoid forming lumps.
3. Cook till the mixture forms a ball that doesn't separate, stirring vigorously; remove from heat and cool it slightly.
4. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition till mixture is smooth.
5. Drop dumpling dough from a tablespoon to make 12 mounds atop bubbling soup or stew; stir in the parsley to the mixture.
6. Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes but do not lift the cover.
7. Arrange the dumplings in a large serving platter and serve hot with a dipping sauce.