Coquilles Saint Jacques
|Dry mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Lemon peel||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Bon appetit||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Powdered horseradish||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Light cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Instant minced onion||2 Teaspoon|
|Shrimp||1⁄2 Pound, cleaned and cooked|
|Crab meat||1⁄4 Pound|
|Dry sherry||2 Tablespoon|
|Bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 400 degrees.
2) In a saucepan, melt 4 tablespoons of the butter.
3) To the melted butter, add the dry mustard, flour, lemon peel, Bon Appetit and powdered horseradish. Stir well till blended.
4) Add the cream and cook the mixture, stirring well, till thickened.
5) In the remaining 2 tablespoon of butter, sautÃ© the onion and mushrooms.
6) Take onion and mushrooms out of the pan with the help of a slotted spoon.
7) Add the scallops, that have been cut into bite-size pieces, to the butter in the pan. Saute for about 3 minutes.
8) Gut the shrimp into small pieces.
9) Combine together the mushrooms, sauce, scallops, shrimp, crab meat and sherry. Mix well.
10) Into shells or ramekins, spoon the mixture and top with the bread crumbs.
11) Bake in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes and then broil for some mixtures till lightly browned.
12) Serve the Coquilles Saint Jacques while still hot. Makes a good main course dish.