|Butter||1 Teaspoon (For Greasing)|
|Egg whites||6 (Placed At Room Temperature)|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Light rum||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs), whipped|
|Canned pineapple slices||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), drained|
|Whole strawberries||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), sliced (Fresh Or Frozen)|
1. Preheat an oven at 225C (450F).
2. Grease bottom of a 9 inch tube pan/ Bundt pan with little butter. Do not grease sides of the pan.
3. In a medium sized bowl, combine egg whites, cream of tartar and salt.
4. Using an electric beater, beat mixture till it turns frothy.
5. Add sugar, little by little- around 2 tablespoons, and beat at high speed, till all the
sugar has been well combined.
6. Add vanilla extract and beat till egg whites reach stiff peak stage.
7. Transfer to tube pan and spread uniformly.
8. Place in middle rack of pre heated oven and switch off oven.
9. Allow this mixture to stand in oven overnight or for 4 to 5 hours.
10. Once done, remove torte using a spatula and transfer on to a serving platter/ 9 inch presentation plate.
11. Drizzle rum evenly and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or till chilled.
12. Ice sides and top portion of torte using whipped cream and garmish woth pineapple slices and strawberries.
13. Serve immediately.