|Boiling water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Coarsely shredded cabbage||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Scallions||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Pare potatoes and cut each into quarters.
2. In 1/2 inch boiling water, with 1 teaspoon salt, in medium saucepan, cook potato, covered, 15 to 20 minutes, or until fork-tender and completely cooked and drain.
3. Return pan to low heat, shaking to dry potatoes.
4. In medium saucepan, in 1/2 inch boiling water, cook the cabbage with 1/2 teaspoon salt , covered, 8 to 10 minutes just until tender and drain well.
5. Also heat scallions with milk and 1/2 teaspoon salt, bring to boiling reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
6. In saucepan, with electric mixer at medium speed, beat potato with 4 tablespoons butter, 1 teaspoon salt and the pepper.
7. Beat in scallions and hot milk, beating until potato is very light and fluffy.
8. Stir in cabbage, combining well and heat over low heat 5 minutes.
9. Turn colcannon into heated serving dish.
10. Make depression in center fill with remaining butter and serve.
Calories 209 Calories from Fat 105
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.3%
Saturated Fat 7.4 g37.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 31.2 mg10.4%
Sodium 754.2 mg31.4%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.6%
Sugars 3 g
Protein 4 g7.1%
Vitamin A 11.9% Vitamin C 64.8%
Calcium 5.9% Iron 7.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet