Flemish Hot Pot
|Condensed chicken broth||21 1⁄2 Ounce (2 Cans Of 10 3/4 Ounce, Undiluted)|
|Dry white wine||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Dried thyme leaves||1 Teaspoon|
|Celery stalks||2 , cut up|
|Onions||6 Medium, peeled|
|Whole cloves||3 (Or To Taste)|
|Carrots||4 , pared|
|Turnips||4 , pared and quartered|
|Pork shoulder butt||2 Pound, smoked (1 In Number)|
|Broiler fryer chicken||4 Pound, washed (1 In Number)|
|Leeks||4 , washed and trimmed|
|Cabbage||1⁄2 Medium, cut in 4 wedges|
|Lemon peel||1 (Cut In A Spiral)|
|Horseradish sauce||2 Tablespoon (Or To Taste)|
1. In an 8-quart Dutch oven or kettle, put together chicken broth, wine, lemon juice, bay leaves, thyme, peppercorns, celery, onions (one onion studded with cloves), carrots and turnip.
2. Bring the ingredients to a boil and then simmer covered over low heat for 30 minutes.
3. Stir in the pork butt; cover and simmer for another 1 hour.
4. Add in the chicken; cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
5. Add the vegetables and simmer covered for another 30 minutes until all ingredients are tender.
6. Remove and discard bay leaves.
7. Serve piping hot with Horse radish Sauce along with boiled potatoes.