|Mutton neck||1 Pound (Scrap-End / Middle Portion)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Parsley||1 Teaspoon, chopped (For Garnish)|
1. Wash and clean the meat; cut it into suitable sized pieces.
2. Using a knife, remove the onion peels. Divide the potatoes into 2 equal portions. Slice both thinly.
3. Fill a large saucepan with cold water in a way that it is only 1/2 full. Add meat and bring to boiling point. Lower heat and simmer gently.
4. Put in one half of sliced potatoes, onions and add seasoning. Simmer gently for 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
5. Prep the remaining potatoes (cut in half if large). Keep them on top of the stew and cook gently for the final 1 hour.
6. Take a heated dish and place the meat in the middle.
7. Adjust seasoning if necessary. Pour it over the meat.
8. Keep whole potatoes at ends of dish and scatter finely chopped parsley over them. Serve hot.
Calories 333 Calories from Fat 147
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g25%
Saturated Fat 7.8 g39.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 50.7 mg16.9%
Sodium 265.5 mg11.1%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.7%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.5%
Sugars 3.1 g
Protein 16 g32.1%
Vitamin A 1.5% Vitamin C 57.1%
Calcium 4.4% Iron 12.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet