Pasta with Adobo Sauce
|Pork||1 Pound, cut in small cubes|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Vinegar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||4 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder/1 clove minced||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Bay leaf||1 Small|
|Juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||2 1⁄2 Quart, boiling|
|Cooking oil||1 Tablespoon|
1) In a saucepan add the first 9 ingredients and mix together.
2) Boil the mixture.
3) Cook covered and simmer for 30 minutes.
4) Remove the bay leaf.
5) Drain out the juice on meat into measuring cup.
6) Measure the juice to 1 cup (250 ml). Add water if required.
7) In a bowl mix cornstarch into cool water. Stir it into the juice mixture.
8) Mix it to the meat and stir.
9) Heat until boiling and thick.
10) In an uncovered Dutch oven boil water. Cook linguini, cooking oil and second amount of salt in it for about 11 to 13 minutes.
11) Drain out linguini from water.
12) Serve into 4 warmed plates.
13) Spoon meat sauce over top.