1) Heat the oven at 375°F or Mark 5.
2) In a bowl, add butter and cream well.
3) Add in the sugar and again beat well till light and fluffy.
4) One at a time, beat in the eggs and fold in the sifted flour and salt.
5) Transfer the mix into the mould and place in oven for about 25 minutes. (If using a cake tin, place in oven for 35-40 minutes.)
6) Take cake out of oven and cool.
7) Soak with the coffee, sweeten and flavor with rum or brandy.
8) Cover with cream and sweeten and flavor with vanilla essence.