Austrian Coffee Cake
|Caster sugar||6 Ounce|
|Self-raising flour||6 Ounce|
|Strong black coffee||1⁄2 Pint|
|Sugar||2 Tablespoon (Or To Taste)|
|Rum/Brandy||2 Tablespoon (Or To Taste)|
|Cream||1⁄2 Pint, whipped|
|Vanilla essence||2 Drop|
|Almonds||3 Tablespoon, browned|
1) Heat the oven at 375°F or Mark 5.
2) In a bowl, add butter and cream well.
3) Add in the sugar and again beat well till light and fluffy.
4) One at a time, beat in the eggs and fold in the sifted flour and salt.
5) Transfer the mix into the mould and place in oven for about 25 minutes. (If using a cake tin, place in oven for 35-40 minutes.)
6) Take cake out of oven and cool.
7) Soak with the coffee, sweeten and flavor with rum or brandy.
8) Cover with cream and sweeten and flavor with vanilla essence.
9) Top with browned almonds.