Swiss and Crab Pie
|9 inch single crust pie pastry||1|
|Natural swiss cheese||4 Ounce, shredded|
|Canned crab meat||7 1⁄2 Ounce, drained, flaked and cartilage removed (1 can)|
|Green onions with tops||2 , sliced|
|Eggs||3 , beaten|
|Light cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon peel||1⁄2 Teaspoon, grated|
|Dry mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground mace||1 Dash|
|Sliced almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature 325 degrees.
2) Use the pastry to line a 9-inch pie plate.
3) Over the bottom of the unbaked shell, sprinkle the cheese.
4) Top the cheese with the crab and spirnkle with onions.
5) Combine together all the remaining ingredients, except the almonds, and mix well.
6) Over the crab, pour the mixture and sprinkle the almonds.
7) Bake in the preheated oven for about 45 minutes, till a knife inserted between the center and edge emerges clean.
8) Take the preparation out of the oven and allow to stand for about 10 minutes.
9) Serve the Swiss and Crab Pie while it is still hot. Cut into wedges before serving. Makes a good main course dish.