Irish Lemon Pudding
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Confectioners' sugar||1 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat oven to the temperature of 400°.
2) Take a 7-inch souffle dish and grease it.
3) In a bowl, beat butter and sugar in a bowl till light and fluffy.
4) Separate the eggs and add the yolks to the creamed mixture.
5) Beat well to mix.
6) Grate rind from lemon and squeeze out juice.
7) Beat the rind and juice into the creamed mixture.
8) Slowly add the flour, then the milk.
9) Carefully fold the stiff beaten egg whites into mixture.
10) In the greased dish, pour the batter and sift confectioners' sugar over.
11) Take a roasting pan containing 1 inch hot water, and place the dish into it
12) Bake for 40-50 minutes till the pudding has risen and the top is golden.
13) Serve the pudding hot or cold.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2057 Calories from Fat 1084
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 123 g188.6%
Saturated Fat 70.4 g351.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1121.7 mg373.9%
Sodium 430.3 mg17.9%
Total Carbohydrates 213 g71.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g14.1%
Sugars 183.9 g
Protein 41 g81.7%
Vitamin A 83% Vitamin C 74.4%
Calcium 55.7% Iron 31.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet