|Boneless lamb||1 Pound, cut into 1-inch cubes|
|Onion||1 Medium, cut into thin wedges|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Potatoes||2 Medium, peeled and thinly sliced for 2 cups|
|Turnip||1 Medium, peeled and chopped for 1 cup|
|Frozen green beans||9 Ounce, cut (1 package)|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, snipped|
|Dried basil||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Dried oregano||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crushed|
1. In a saucepan combine lamb, onion, bay leaf, salt, pepper and 4 cups water; bring the mixture to boil.
2. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 1 hour.
3. Stir in potatoes, turnip, green beans, parsley, basil, and oregano.
4. Cover and cook for about 30 minutes more or till vegetables are tender.
5. Remove and discard bay leaf.
6. Season to taste.
7. Arrange the stew into individual serving bowl and equally divide the meat and vegetables into each serving.
8. Garnish with parsley and serve hot.