Cauliflower and Cheese Patties
|Frozen cauliflower||10 Ounce, thawed (1 package)|
|Cottage cheese||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Enriched white bread slice||1|
|Dried onion flakes||1 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Sweetened applesauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Sour cream topping||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (as required)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a saucepan, cook cauliflower in boiling salted water until tender.
3) Remove from heat and drain.
4) In a blender, mix together cauliflower, cheese, bread, onion flakes, salt and pepper.
5) Blend the cheese mixture until smooth.
6) On a non-stick baking pan, spoon the cheese mixture to make 6 equal size patties.
7) Bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until light browned on bottom and crisp on top.
8) Serve topped with applesauce and sour cream.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 284 Calories from Fat 48
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 15.3 mg5.1%
Sodium 1430.4 mg59.6%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g15%
Dietary Fiber 9.4 g37.8%
Sugars 18.1 g
Protein 18 g35.2%
Vitamin A 3.7% Vitamin C 238.5%
Calcium 19.1% Iron 10.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet