|Beef stock/Vegetable stock||4 Cup (64 tbs) (Browned)|
|Beets||4 Medium, peeled and cubed for 3 cups|
|Carrots||2 Medium, chopped for 1 cup|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped for 1/2 cup|
|Cabbage head||1⁄2 Small, shredded for 3 cups|
|Canned tomatoes||16 Ounce, cut up (1 can)|
|Egg yolks||2 , slightly beaten|
|Dairy sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In a Dutch oven combine together and boil browned beef stock or vegetable stock, beets, carrots, onion, bay leaf, vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper.
2. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 40 minutes.
3. Stir in cabbage and un-drained tomatoes.
4. Cover and cook 30 to 35 minutes more or till vegetables are tender.
5. Remove bay leaf and discard.
6. Mix the egg yolks and sour cream together and gradually stir in about 1 cup of the hot soup to the egg and cream mixture.
7. Return to Dutch oven; heat through, stirring constantly over low heat but do not boil.
8. Ladle soup into individual serving bowls.
9. Serve immediately.