|Onions||2 Medium, peeled and cut into quarters|
|Potatoes||1 1⁄2 Pound, peeled and cut into quarters|
|Fresh parsley||4 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Wholemeal flour||2 Ounce|
|Sea salt||To Taste|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
1) In a food processor, grate the quartered onions and potatoes. You can also grate it by hand.
2) Transfer the grated vegetables to a bowl and add the parsley, eggs and flour to it.
3) Add salt and pepper to taste. Divide the mixture into half and keep aside.
4) In the microwave, preheat a browning dish for the maximum time as recommended by the manufacturers. Add 1 tablespoon of oil during the last 30 seconds.
5) From one half of the mixture, place 4 large spoonful in the dish.
6) On high power, cook uncovered, for 3 minutes.
7) Now, turn the patties over and cook again for 2 minutes, or until the mixture is cooked enough.
8) To a serving dish, transfer the cooked patties and keep them warm.
9) Now, on high power, reheat the browning dish again for 3 minutes, adding the remaining oil during the last 30 seconds..
10) Cook the remaining mixture in the same method and transfer the serving dish.
11) Latkes are typically eaten during the Jewish Hanukkah festival. Serve them fresh in the dish.
Calories 219 Calories from Fat 63
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.9%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 70.5 mg23.5%
Sodium 90.2 mg3.8%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.7%
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g20.8%
Sugars 4 g
Protein 7 g13.5%
Vitamin A 18.6% Vitamin C 67.9%
Calcium 5.6% Iron 13.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet