Portuguese Ham And Egg Soup
|Condensed chicken with rice soup||10 1⁄2 Ounce (1 can)|
|Water||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs) (1 soup can)|
|Ham||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped, fully cooked|
|Green onions||2 , thinly sliced|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Ground nutmeg||3 Dash|
1. In a saucepan heat soup and water according to the package directions; add ham, onions, and lemon juice.
2. Stir in the beaten egg into the hot mixture.
3. Simmer and stir till mixture is heated through, but do not boil.
4. Sprinkle lightly with nutmeg.
5. Ladle hot soup four serving bowls.
6. Serve hot with toasted bread triangle.