Stroganoff with Buttered Noodles
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Round steak||2 1⁄2 Pound, cut into thin strips|
|Onion||1 Large, thinly sliced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Thinly sliced fresh mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound|
|Red wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Tomato paste||4 Ounce (Use 1 Small Can)|
|Bay leaf||1 , crumbled|
|Bouillon cubes||2 , dissolved in 1/2 cup hot water|
|Sour cream||8 Ounce (1 Small Carton)|
|Hot buttered noodles||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Use As Required)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2) In a Dutch oven heat, brown the beef strips in the oil and butter; remove with a slotted spoon and keep aside.
3) Then saute the onion, garlic and mushrooms, until tender.
4) In a bowl, mix the flour, bouillon cubes and water, until smooth.
5) Turn off the heat, stir in the salt, pepper, wine, tomato paste, bay leaf and flour mixture, blend thoroughly.
6) Stir in the browned beef, cover and bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour.
7) Just before serving, stir in the sour cream and reheat.
8) Spoon into a serving dish and serve the Stroganoff with hot Buttered Noodles.