|Shelled walnuts||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Milk||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Light cream||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Semolina/Farina||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped seedless raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Almond extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped candied mixed fruit||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Apricot jam||2 Tablespoon (Use As Required)|
|Fine bread crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Use As Required)|
|Sugar||1 Tablespoon (Use As Required)|
1) In a blender or mortar, grind the walnuts.
2) In a shallow pan preferably enamelware, add milk and cream. Allow the mixture to come to a boil.
3) Stir in the semolina. Stir constantly using a wooden spoon cooking the semolina for about 7 minutes.
4) Take the pan off the flame. Stir in the sugar, ground walnuts, raisins and almond extract.
5) In a serving bowl, pour a layer of the semolina. Spread a thin layer of apricot jam. Sprinkle the chopped candied fruits on top. Repeat 6 such layers with the candied friuits on top.
6) Serve the Gureevskaia Kasha warm, sprinkled with bread crumbs and sugar.