Lemonade Meringue Pie
|Dairy sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg yolks||3 , slightly beaten|
|Regular vanilla pudding mix/1 package||5 Ounce|
|Milk||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Frozen lemon concentrate||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), thawed|
|9 inch baked pastry shell||1 , cooled|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) Combine together the dairy sour cream and egg yolks in a saucepan.
3) Add the vanilla pudding mix, milk and lemonade concentrate. Stir well.
4) Cook, constantly stirring, till the mixture is thick and has started to boil.
5) Take the mixture off the heat and spoon it into the cooled pastry shell.
6) To make the meringue, beat 3 egg whites, ½ teaspoon of vanilla and ¼ teaspoon of cream of tartar till soft peaks are formed.
7) Add 6 tablespoons of sugar gradually, beating well till stiff peaks are formed.
8) Spread the meringue on top of the hot filling. Seal the edges of the pastry.
9) Bake in preheated oven till the preparation is golden brown (12 to 15 minutes of baking).
10) Cool the pie and then chill it.
11) Serve the Lemonade Meringue Pie chilled. Best when served as a dessert.