Coquilles Saint Jacques
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|White wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion||1 , chopped fine|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Egg yolks||2 , beaten|
|Fresh bread crumbs||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), buttered|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 425° F.
2) In a skillet, mix the water, wine, salt and cayenne together.
3) Add the scallops and simmer for 5 minutes, then remove with a slotted spoon and finely chop them.
4) In a skillet, saute the onion in butter, until tender.
6) Stir in the flour, gradually stir in the cooking broth, until the sauce is thickened.
7) Stir in the garlic and parsley, stir constantly and cook for 5 minutes.
8) Gradually stir the sauce into the beaten egg yolks, then stir in the scallops and heat thoroughly.
9) Pour the mixture into individual scallop shells and sprinkle with a mixture of breadcrumbs and cheese.
10) Bake in the preheated oven for about 5 minutes, until brown.
11) Serve the Coquilles Saint Jacques, immediately on individual serving plates.
Calories 512 Calories from Fat 162
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g28.1%
Saturated Fat 6.2 g31.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 191 mg63.7%
Sodium 1118.1 mg46.6%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.5%
Sugars 2.7 g
Protein 48 g96.1%
Vitamin A 24.3% Vitamin C 25.6%
Calcium 20.4% Iron 15.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet