|Hot water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Active dry yeast/1 packet cake compressed yeast||1⁄4 Ounce (1 Packet)|
|Rye flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Unsifted all purpose flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F. Lightly grease two loaf pans of 9X5X3 inches.
2) Into a large, mixing bowl add 1 1/2 cups hot water. Mix in salt, sugar and margarine. Stir well and allow the mixture to cool down to lukewarm.
3) Into a small bowl, add 1/2 cup warm water at 105°F to 115°F. Add in the dry yeast. If using compressed yeast, let the water be at 80°F to 90°F. Allow the yeast to rest a while before stirring till dissolved.
4) Add in the yeast along with rye flour into the lukewarm margarine mix. Beat well.
5) Add in 2 cups of flour and mix well. Knead into a soft dough. If needed, add more water.
6) Transfer the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead for about 10 minutes till the dough becomes soft and elastic.
7) Transfer the dough into a greased bowl. Lightly brush the dough on the top with oil.
8) Cover the dough and keep it aside in a cool, dry place where it can rise.
9) In about 45 minutes, the dough would have risen to double its size. Box it down and divide into two equal portions.
10) Shape the two dough halves into two loaves. Transfer them each into the greased loaf pans.
11) Cover and let rest for about 40 minutes.
12) Bake for about 30 minutes or till done.
13) Serve the Finnish Bread with honey.