Swedish Rye Cookies
|Sifted all-purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sifted rye flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated orange rind||2 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2) Sieve all-purpose flour, rye flour and salt together.
3) In a large bowl, add butter, orange rind and sugar, Cream them together.
4) Add in the flour mixture into the creamed butter. Mix to form a smooth dough.
5) Wrap the dough in a wax paper or aluminium foil. Chill for 2 hours in the refrigerator or 30 minutes in the freezer.
6) Divide the dough into two halves. Roll them out between two wax paper to a thickness of 1/8-inch.
7) Slice out 2 1/2-inch cookie shapes using a doughnut cutter.
8) Place the cookie on an ungreased cookie sheet. Prick the top with the fork.
9) Bake the cookies for about 10 minutes keeping a close eye on them.
10) Serve the Swedish Rye Cookies sprinkled with powdered sugar, if desired.