Creamy Macaroni with Chicken and Cheese
|Penne pasta||1⁄2 Pound|
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , diced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Whole milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cheddar cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs), grated|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Roasted chicken||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs), shredded|
|Baby spinach leaves||4 Cup (64 tbs), washed and drained|
|Texas pete||1 Teaspoon|
1. Lightly butter the casserole dish and keep it aside.
2. Prepare the pasta in a pot of boiling water after adding salt to it. Stir the pasta occasionally so that it does not get sticked to each other. Cook the pasta for about 8-9 minutes, until they are done. Drain them over a colander and rinse with cold water.
3. In a saucepan, heat the olive oil and butter and wait for the butter to melt. To the butter, add the diced onions and saute them over medium heat for 3-4 minutes, so that the onions get fairly cooked.
4. When the onions are nice and translucent, add the minced garlic and saute that for another minute. Now pour the milk and cream into the saucepan and allow it to reduce to half by cooking for another 20 minutes.
5. Remove the saucepan from heat and add majority part of both the cheeses into the warm milk. Add salt and pepper to taste into the milk. Stir the milk to blend with the cheese and then add the shreded chicken and spinach leaves to the milk. Stir well to mix all the ingredients and keep it aside for few minutes.
6. Put the cooked pasta into a large bowl and then pour the milk sauce over it along with the chicken and spinach. Thorughly mix the content with the pasta. Add the Texas Pete to this mix and again stir all the ingredients properly.
7. Pour this mixture into the prepared baking dish and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. Put this into a preheated oven at 350F for 40-45 minutes.
8. When the dish is ready allow it to sit for 4-5 minutes before serving. Garnish the dish with little bit of shredded cheese while serving.