Russian Salad With Fresh Peaches
|Diced carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Green beans||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), cut into 1/2-inch lengths|
|Fresh peas||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Fresh lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sour cream||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Dijon mustard||2 Teaspoon|
|Thinly sliced scallions||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) In a small bowl, add mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, scallions, parsley, salt and pepper to blend well. Place aside covered.
2) In a saucepan, pour in sufficient salted water to boil the carrots, green beans and peas one at a time, until just tender.
3) Place the vegetables under running cold water to stop the cooking. Drain thoroughly and place aside.
4) In the boiling water, dip peaches for a few seconds. Quickly rinse in cold water to loosen the skin for peeling off.
5) Slice the peaches in 1/2-inch cubes. Toss with the lemon juice to prevent discoloration.
6) In a large bowl, add vegetables and peaches to combine.
7) Drizzle in dressing and toss the salad thoroughly.
8) Place inside refrigerator to chill for up to 2 hours before serving.
9) Taste and adjust the seasoning, adding salt and pepper if needed and serve at once.
Calories 280 Calories from Fat 210
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g36%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 22.6 mg7.5%
Sodium 401.9 mg16.7%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.4%
Dietary Fiber 4 g16.1%
Sugars 10.1 g
Protein 3 g5.4%
Vitamin A 122.8% Vitamin C 33.3%
Calcium 3.7% Iron 5.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet