|Potatoes||8 Ounce, peeled and cut up|
|Carrot||1 Large, peeled and sliced lengthwise|
|Young turnips||2 Small, peeled and diced|
|Young parsnips||2 , peeled and diced|
|Sea salt||To Taste|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Leek||1 Medium, trimmed, washed and sliced|
|Canned butter beans||8 Ounce (Or Use Cooked)|
|Hot water||1 Pint|
|White cabbage||8 Ounce|
|Grated cheese||2 Ounce|
1) In a very large bowl, add the butter.
2) On high power, heat for 30 to 45 seconds, or until melted.
3) To this, add the potatoes, carrot, turnips and parsnips.
4) On high power, cook covered for 5 to 6 minutes, stirring in between.
5) Then, season with sea salt and pepper to taste.
6) To this, add the leek and beans.
7) Then, pour in the hot water. Mix gently.
8) On high power, cook covered for 15 minutes, stirring in between, until the vegetables turn tender.
9) Separate the cabbage leaves gently.
10) On top of the other cooked vegetables, place the leaves.
11) Cook covered for 5 more minutes.
12) With a slotted spoon, transfer the vegetables to a heated serving dish. Let the cabbage leaves be on top.
13) Now, on high power, cook the liquid in the bowl, uncovered until reduced to around 225 ml.
14) With 2 tablespoons of cold water, blend the arrowroot.
15) Now, into the reduced liquid in the bowl, stir in this.
16) On high power, cook again for 2 minutes, beating once in between.
17) Into the sauce, beat in the cheese.
18) Over the hot vegetables, pour the sauce.
19) Serve the Cawl hot garnished with caraway seeds, if desired.
Calories 206 Calories from Fat 62
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.8%
Saturated Fat 4.2 g20.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 18.5 mg6.2%
Sodium 304.1 mg12.7%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.4%
Dietary Fiber 6.7 g26.7%
Sugars 5.7 g
Protein 9 g17.7%
Vitamin A 54.1% Vitamin C 59.3%
Calcium 16.9% Iron 8.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet