|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dairy sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs) (at room temperature)|
|Light red wine||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Claret or Rose)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
1) Peel the apples and core them. Save the apple peals.
2) In a pot, add 2 cups of water along with the apples. Stew the apples until they become tender.
3) Strain the stewed apples through a fine sieve.
4) In a pan, add 1 cup of water along with the reserved apple peels. Cook till they turn slightly soft. Strain the peels and add into the stewed apple puree.
5) Stir in the sugar and sour cream. Mix till the mixture becomes smooth.
6) Gently add in the wine and lemon juice. Chill the apple mixture.
7) Serve the Iablochnii Sup chilled garnished with ground cinnamon, if desired.