|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Button mushrooms||1⁄4 Pound|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Half-and-half||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Hot pepper sauce||To Taste|
1) Cut the pork into dices.
2) Peel the onions and finely chop them.
3) Cut mushrooms into slices.
4) Blanch tomtaoes, peel them and chop.
5) Cut tops off peppers and remove the seeds.
6) In a saucepan, place peppers and the tops and boil for 5 minutes until soft.
7) Lift them out from water, drain and keep warm.
8) In a saucepan, melt the butter.
9) Fry onions and pork for 10 minutes.
9) In saucepan, add mushrooms and tomatoes.
10) Add water and cook for 40 minutes over a low heat.
11) Season the veggies with salt, pepper and paprika.
12) Combine cornstarch with half-and-half, blend well.
13) Add it into pork mixture, then boil just to thicken.
14) Season with a few drops of hot pepper sauce.
15) Blend well and use mixture to stuffl peppers.
16) Place tops on peppers to cover.
17) Serve the stuffed peppers as side dish.
Calories 144 Calories from Fat 81
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.2%
Saturated Fat 5.7 g28.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 23.9 mg8%
Sodium 13.7 mg0.6%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g4.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.7%
Sugars 6.4 g
Protein 3 g6%
Vitamin A 24.1% Vitamin C 212%
Calcium 4.2% Iron 4.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet