Apple Cranberry Crisp
|Green apples||12 , peeled, cored and sliced|
|Cranberries||8 Ounce (Fresh Or Frozen)|
|Brandy||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Light brown sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), packed|
|Whole wheat pastry flour||2 Tablespoon|
|For the topping:|
|Old fashioned rolled oats||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Wheat germ||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), toasted|
|Light brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), packed|
|Canola oil/Grape seed oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Maple syrup||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) In a large bowl, add cranberries, lemon juice, brandy, 1/3 cup brown sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and whole wheat pastry flour. Toss in the apples and mix well.
3) Transfer the apple mixture into a 8X10-inch baking dish.
4) In a bowl, mix together oats, wheat germ, salt, cinnamon, brown sugar, canola oil and maple syrup. Sprinkle this topping evenly over the apple mixture.
5) Bake covered for 20 minutes.
6) Uncover and bake the Apple Cranberry Crisp for 40 more minutes.
7) Garnish the Apple Cranberry Crisp with 4-5 thin slices of apples in the centre.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3965 Calories from Fat 841
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 96 g148%
Saturated Fat 9 g45.2%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1558.6 mg64.9%
Total Carbohydrates 706 g235.2%
Dietary Fiber 101.1 g404.5%
Sugars 409.9 g
Protein 45 g90.5%
Vitamin A 31.2% Vitamin C 933.2%
Calcium 112.9% Iron 87.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet