Easy Chicken Stroganoff
|Boneless skinless chicken breast cutlets/Turkey breast||1 Pound, cut into strips|
|Fresh mushrooms||6 Ounce, sliced (2 Cup)|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped (1/2 Cup)|
|Condensed cream of chicken soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Sour cream/Plain yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cooked egg noodles||4 Cup (64 tbs), hot|
|Parsley sprigs||4 , snipped|
|Sweet red pepper||1⁄2 , cut into thin strips (For Garnish)|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 , cut into thin strips (For Garnish)|
1. In a large, flat skillet melt and heat half the margarine or butter over medium-high flame.
2. When hot but not smoking, add the chicken strips and stir fry for about 5 minutes until evenly browned and almost tender.
3. Remove the chicken from pan onto a platter.
4. Melt the remaining fat and add to the pan the onions and mushrooms.
5. SautÃ© until limp, about 5 minutes.
6. Tip in the soup and sour cream
7. Stir to blend and heat, stirring occasionally, until it comes to a boil.
8. Return the chicken pieces to the pan.
9. Reduce heat, cover pan and simmer chicken for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chicken is tender and heated through.
10. Divide the hot cooked noodles equally among 4 dinner plates.
11. Ladle the chicken and sauce on top.
12. Garnish with parsley, and peppers and serve hot.
Calories 752 Calories from Fat 172
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.1%
Saturated Fat 6.3 g31.4%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 124.5 mg41.5%
Sodium 481.1 mg20%
Total Carbohydrates 106 g35.2%
Dietary Fiber 6.4 g25.7%
Sugars 7.7 g
Protein 39 g77.1%
Vitamin A 30.1% Vitamin C 69.7%
Calcium 10.2% Iron 21.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet