Welsh Rabbit Rarebit
|Shredded cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Buttered bread slice||1 , toasted|
1) Into a saucepan, put the butter and melt it.
2) Add the ale along with a pinch of salt and two pinches of pepper.
3) When the mixture is just about to boil, add the cheese and stir just enough to dissolve it. Ensure that the mixture does not boil at any point of time.
4) Cook the mixture just long enough to ensure that the ingredients have all blended well together.
5) On a heatproof plate, put the toast and pour the rabbit over it quickly.
6) Place under the broiler for some seconds and allow the top to brown.
7) Serve hot as an appetizer or a snack.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 396 Calories from Fat 272
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.4%
Saturated Fat 19.8 g99.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 92.8 mg30.9%
Sodium 892.6 mg37.2%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.96 g3.8%
Sugars 3.6 g
Protein 15 g30.1%
Vitamin A 23.6% Vitamin C
Calcium 40.8% Iron 4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet