Swiss Chard Omelette
|Eggs||8 , beaten|
|Swiss chard leaves||10|
|Garlic clove||1⁄2 Clove (2.5 gm)|
|Gruyere cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredded|
1) In a skillet, saute the chard leaves in 1 tablespoon butter, over a low heat for 10 minutes.
2) Coarsely chop the sauted chard leaves alongwith the garlic clove.
3) In a bowl, mix the chopped chard leaves and garlic, cheese, salt pepper to taste and beaten eggs together.
4) In a large omelet pan, melt 2 tablespoons butter, pour in the egg mixture and cook the omelet for about 5 minutes, or until it just set.
5) Fold the omelet and slide over a serving plate.
6) Slice and serve the Swiss Chard Omelet, immediately on individual serving plates.