|Hot water||1 Tablespoon|
|Jam||2 Tablespoon, warmed|
|Castor sugar||1 Tablespoon|
1. Grease a Swiss roll tin (9 x 13 in.) and line with greased greaseproof paper, cut 2 inches larger all round than the tin.
2. Sieve the flour.
3. Whisk the eggs and sugar in a large bowl over a pan of hot water. Continue whisking until the mixture is thick and fluffy and stiff enough to hold the impression of the whisk for a few seconds. Remove from over water.
4. Stir in the water and lightly fold in the flour.
5. Put the mixture into the prepared tin, tilting the tin so that the mixture is spread evenly.
6 Bake in a hot oven (425°F - Gas Mark 7) until golden and springy to touch.
7. Spread a sheet of greaseproof or a damp clean tea towel with castor sugar. Turn the sponge out on to this and remove the paper.
8. Using a sharp knife, trim all the crisp outer edges, keeping the shape as neat as possible.
9. Quickly spread the surface of the cake with warmed jam to within 1/2-in. of the edge.
10. Make a long cut half-way through the depth of the sponge, 1 in. from the near edge of the sponge. Roll up the sponge as tightly as possible, using the paper or cloth to help keep the roll in shape.
11. Cool on awire tray and sprinkle with castor sugar.
Calories 303 Calories from Fat 36
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.2%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 158.6 mg52.9%
Sodium 55.7 mg2.3%
Total Carbohydrates 59 g19.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.85 g3.4%
Sugars 36.1 g
Protein 8 g15.3%
Vitamin A 3.7% Vitamin C 1.1%
Calcium 2.6% Iron 11.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet