Pecan Meringue Torte
|Superfine sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Almond extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Raspberries/6 tablespoon apricot jam||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Superfine sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|Confectioners sugar||1 Tablespoon (For Dusting)|
|Strawberries||8 (Dusted With Sugar For Garnish)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) On a parchment paper mark two 9- inch circles, cover a baking with this parchment paper.
1) Beat the egg whites until it is stiff.
2) Add superfine sugar, and continue beating till it is very stiff and forms a peak consistency.
3) Add vinegar, almond extract and fold in the nuts.
4) Divide the meringue mix into two portions and spoon each portion over the circle.
5) Smooth the top with a damp spatula, but do not press.
6) Bake for 35 minutes
7) Turn off the heat and allow the meringue to cool inside the oven.
8) Whip the heavy cream until firm and fluffy.
9) Add raspberries or apricot jam and sweeten to taste.
10) Spread the cream mixture over 1 meringue and place the other on top.
11) Dust it with confectionerâ€™ sugar.
12) Garnish with fresh strawberries.
13) You can also try piping the meringue mix on the parchment paper, it appears better than the plain meringue.
14) If some of your cream mixture is left, pipe it on the top of the upper meringue, it help to put the strawberries.
Calories 728 Calories from Fat 394
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 46 g70.7%
Saturated Fat 15.8 g79.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 82.2 mg27.4%
Sodium 71.7 mg3%
Total Carbohydrates 78 g26%
Dietary Fiber 6.1 g24.2%
Sugars 69.4 g
Protein 8 g16%
Vitamin A 18.3% Vitamin C 41.2%
Calcium 7.8% Iron 6.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet