Peanut Honey Meringue Pie
|Pie pastry||1 (Plain, As For Cheesy Honey Apple Pie)|
|Milk||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Peanut butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Warmed)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Egg yolks||4 , beaten|
|Softened butter||2 Tablespoon|
1. Prepare a pastry shell as for Cheesy Honey- Apple Pie.
2. Prick base with a fork.
3. Bake 12 to I5 minutes at 425°F. Cool.
4. Combine milk, A cup honey and cornstarch in a saucepan.
5. Stir over low heat until mixture comes to the boiling point.
6. Pour a little of the mixture over the egg yolks; stir and pour egg yolk mixture into pan.
7. Reduce heat and continue stirring over low heat until mixture is thick.
8. Take off the heat and stir in butter and vanilla.
9. Cool while completing filling.
10. Heat oven to 35O°F.
11. Blend together peanut butter and remaining 1/4 cup honey.
12. Spread over bottom of baked pie shell.
13. Beat egg whites until semi-stiff, slowly adding half the sugar.
14. Beat the meringue until smooth, stiff and glossy. Fold in remaining sugar.
15. Pour cooled cornstarch custard over peanut butter in pie shell.
16. Top with the meringue.
17. Bake for about 10 minutes until meringue is lightly browned.
18. Chill before serving.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4347 Calories from Fat 1848
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 213 g327.1%
Saturated Fat 72.5 g362.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 861.4 mg287.1%
Sodium 2335.1 mg97.3%
Total Carbohydrates 556 g185.3%
Dietary Fiber 14.5 g58%
Sugars 367.1 g
Protein 90 g180.9%
Vitamin A 43.8% Vitamin C 1.2%
Calcium 87.2% Iron 51.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet