Peanut Honey Meringue Pie
|Pie pastry||1 (Plain, As For Cheesy Honey Apple Pie)|
|Milk||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Peanut butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Warmed)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Egg yolks||4 , beaten|
|Softened butter||2 Tablespoon|
1. Prepare a pastry shell as for Cheesy Honey- Apple Pie.
2. Prick base with a fork.
3. Bake 12 to I5 minutes at 425°F. Cool.
4. Combine milk, A cup honey and cornstarch in a saucepan.
5. Stir over low heat until mixture comes to the boiling point.
6. Pour a little of the mixture over the egg yolks; stir and pour egg yolk mixture into pan.
7. Reduce heat and continue stirring over low heat until mixture is thick.
8. Take off the heat and stir in butter and vanilla.
9. Cool while completing filling.
10. Heat oven to 35O°F.
11. Blend together peanut butter and remaining 1/4 cup honey.
12. Spread over bottom of baked pie shell.
13. Beat egg whites until semi-stiff, slowly adding half the sugar.
14. Beat the meringue until smooth, stiff and glossy. Fold in remaining sugar.
15. Pour cooled cornstarch custard over peanut butter in pie shell.
16. Top with the meringue.
17. Bake for about 10 minutes until meringue is lightly browned.
18. Chill before serving.