|Eggplants||2 1⁄2 Pound (Medium Size)|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Canned stewed tomatoes||1 Pound (Undrained)|
|Dried basil leaves||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
1) Preheat oven to 375 F.
2) Take a 2-quart casserole and lightly grease it.
3) Wash the eggplants and pare them; cut into 2-inch cubes.
4) In a 6-quart saucepan, in small amount of salted boiling waterwater, simmer eggplant for 10 minutes.
5) Drain them well.
6) Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil and saute garlic until golden, about 3 minutes.
7) Remove skillet from heat.
8) Stir in flour, tomatoes, sugar, paprika, pepper, and basil.
9) Cook over medium heat, stirring until mixture boils and is thickened.
10) In prepared casserole, layer eggplant cubes alternately with tomato mixture, to fill casserole.
11) Top the casserole with grated cheese.
12) Bake 30 minutes, or until lightly browned.
13) Serve the eggplant and tomato casserole warm with some bread and salad.