The Bishop Cocktail
|Port||1 1⁄2 Bottle (1.5 l)|
|Mixed spice||1 Pinch|
1) Preheat oven moderate hot to 350°F, 180°C or Gas No. 4.
2) Stick one lemons with cloves and roast in oven for 30 minutes.
3) Rub lump sugar over remaining lemon.
4) In a large serving bowl add the sugar with squeezed lemon juice.
5) In a saucepan put the port and just boil.
6) In another saucepan add water with the spices and boil.
7) Stir the boiling water to the hot port.
8) Pour into the serving bowl.
9) Sir in roasted lemon.
10) This traditional Christmas recipe should be served very hot. This is a wonderful drink for a party.