Black Bean Tostadas
|Cold water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lettuce||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), shredded|
|Monterey jack cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredded|
|Avocado||1 , peeled|
|Salsa||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) In water, dip the tortillas and drain on paper towels.
3) On a rack, place the tortillas and bake in preheated oven for about 15 minutes or till crisp.
4) Take the tortillas out of the oven and allow to cool.
5) In the meantime, in a medium saucepan, put the beans and cook till they are thoroughly heated.
6) Mash about Â½ of the beans on the side of the saucepan with the help of the back of a spoon. In case the beans seem to be too thick, add some water.
7) To assemble each tostada, use 1/4th of the bean mixture to spread each tortilla evenly with.
8) Use 1/4th each of lettuce, cheese, avocado and tomato to cover the bean mixture.
9) Drizzle salsa all over.
10) Place the tostadas on a serving plate and serve at room temperature as a main dish. Can also be served as a snack.
Calories 508 Calories from Fat 219
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40.6%
Saturated Fat 8.9 g44.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 29.9 mg10%
Sodium 923.3 mg38.5%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g18.9%
Dietary Fiber 10.3 g41.2%
Sugars 8.6 g
Protein 15 g29.8%
Vitamin A 96.3% Vitamin C 60.3%
Calcium 38.9% Iron 18.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet