|Veal shank||2 Pound|
|Dry red wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tomatoes||16 Ounce, mashed (1 Can)|
|Garlic buds||3 , minced|
|Dried basil||2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Dried oregano||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) From the veal shanks, remove all the visible fat.
2) In a heavy Dutch oven or soup kettle, combine the veal shanks and 1/4 cup of red wine.
3) Cook, covered, for 10 minutes.
4) Now, uncover and cook until the liquid evaporates and the meat turns really brown.
5) To this, add the remaining cup of wine, mashed tomatoes along with their juice, onions, garlic, bay leaves, basil, oregano and pepper.
6) Cover the dish and simmer for 2 hours. Check if the meat is tender.
7) Again, uncover and continue to cook until the sauce turns very thick.
8) To individual plates, transfer the veal shanks.
9) Over each serving, spoon the sauce evenly.
10) Top each serving hot.