|Corn oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Garlic buds||2 , minced|
|White rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Long grain white rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Unsalted chicken stock||2 Cup (32 tbs) (boiling)|
|Chicken stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dried oregano||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Tabasco sauce||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2) In a cured heavy iron skillet, heat the corn oil.
3) To this, add the garlic, rice and onion.
4) Cook until browned, stirring constantly.
5) In a casserole dish with a tight-fitting lid, put this rice mixture.
6) In another bowl, combine the hot chicken stock with all the remaining ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
7) To the rice mixture in the casserole, add the hot stock mixture.
8) Heat, covered, in the oven for 40 minutes.
9) Remove from the oven and let stand, covered, for 10 minutes before serving. Serve hot with any side dish of your choice.
Calories 536 Calories from Fat 127
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g22.1%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 3.6 mg1.2%
Sodium 224.1 mg9.3%
Total Carbohydrates 88 g29.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.7%
Sugars 4.4 g
Protein 13 g25.8%
Vitamin A 5.6% Vitamin C 10.4%
Calcium 7.1% Iron 14.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet