|Canned sauerkraut||28 Ounce (1 can, 798 milliliters)|
|Onion||1 , sliced|
|Apple||1 , cored and sliced|
|Apple juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Juniper berries||2 Teaspoon|
|Sausage||1⁄2 Pound (farmer's / bratwurst)|
|Pork tenderloin||1⁄2 Pound, halved|
1. Under cold running water drain and rinse sauerkraut.
2. In a 12-cup (3 liter) baking dish place the dried sauerkraut.
3. Stir in onion, apple, apple juice, juniper berries and bay leaf.
4. Prick the sausage and arrange over sauerkraut along with pork and bacon.
5. With lid or vented plastic wrap cover and microwave at High for 10 minutes.
6. Stirring mixture, turn meats over and microwave at Medium (50%) for 10 minutes or until pork is no longer pink and sausage is cooked through.
7. Remove bay leaf and pile the sauerkraut on plates.
8. Slice meats, arrange over top along with bacon and serve.
Calories 339 Calories from Fat 162
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.7%
Saturated Fat 5.9 g29.5%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 78.5 mg26.2%
Sodium 1720.8 mg71.7%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.6%
Dietary Fiber 7.3 g29.2%
Sugars 11.7 g
Protein 23 g46.5%
Vitamin A 2.3% Vitamin C 56.6%
Calcium 8% Iron 24.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet