Dutch Apple Cake
|Self-raising flour||6 Ounce (175 Gram)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|For the topping|
|Butter||1 Ounce, melted (25 Gram)|
|Cooking apples||1 Pound (450 Gram)|
|Castor sugar||3 Ounce (75 Gram)|
|Cinnamon||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
1) Preheat oven hot to 400°F, 200°C or Gas No. 6.
2) Peel, core and thinly slice the apples.
3) In a bowl sift flour and baking powder. Add sugar and mix.
4) Add egg, milk and melted butter.
5) Add to the flour and with a wooden spoon beat gently.
6) Beat thoroughly to make a smooth mixture.
7) Fill mixture into a small roasting tin about 11 by 7 inches (28 by 18 cm) greased with butter.
8) Spread the mixture evenly.
9) Baste with melted butter on the top.
10) On the surface of the cake place the apple overlapping in rows.
11) Mix castor sugar and cinnamon.
12) Sprinkle the mixture over the apple slices.
13) Place in oven and bake for 35 minutes.
14) Cut into squares.
15) Serve warm.