|Canned pineapple chunks||8 Ounce (1 Can, 225 Gram)|
|Pineapple juice||1⁄2 Pint|
|Butter||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Flour||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Castor sugar||3 Ounce (75 Gram)|
|Pineapple||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Use The Reserved One)|
1) Drain the pineapple chunks from the tin and set aside.
2) Add the water to make the juice up to 1/2 pint (3 dl), if necessary.
3) In a saucepan, melt the butter in add the flour.
4) Cook over low heat for 1 minute.
5) Slowly beat in the pineapple juice and bring up to the boil, stirring well all the time to make a smooth sauce.
6) Add the sugar to taste, egg yolks and pineapple chunks, reserving a few for decoration.
7) Draw off from heat and pour into a buttered 1 1/2- or 2-pint (1-litre) pie dish.
8) Beat the egg whites for the meringue until stiff and whisk in the sugar.
9) Spoon the meringue on to the surface of the pudding and spread evenly.
10) Top with the reserved pineapple chunks and pieces of angelica.
11) Place in the centre of a hot oven (400°F, 200°C or Gas No. 6) for 2-4 minutes or until golden brown.
12) Serve the pineapple meringue warm with extra pineapple chunks.
Calories 268 Calories from Fat 70
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.2%
Saturated Fat 4.4 g21.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 107.8 mg35.9%
Sodium 52.3 mg2.2%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.3%
Sugars 36.4 g
Protein 4 g7.8%
Vitamin A 6% Vitamin C 60.2%
Calcium 2.4% Iron 4.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet