|Self-raising flour||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Fresh white breadcrumbs||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Shredded suet||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Caster sugar||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Castor sugar||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Currants||3 Ounce, cleaned (75 Gram)|
|Lemon||1 (Use The Lemon Rind)|
|Lemon||1 , rinded|
|Milk||1⁄4 Pint (Generous)|
1) Finely grate the lemon rind.
2) In a basin, sift the flour and salt .
3) Add the breadcrumbs, suet, sugar, currants and lemon rind and mix well.
4) Add enough milk to mix to a medium dropping consistency.
5) In a well-buttered 1 1/2-pint (scant 1-litre) pudding basin, spoon the mixture that should fill three-quarters of the basin.
6) Cover with buttered double-thickness greaseproof paper with buttered side inwardsâ€”fold in a pleat to allow the pudding to rise and tie securely.
7) Either in a proper steamer or on an upturned saucer in a saucepan with boiling water one-third up the sides of the basin, steam the pudding gently for 2 hours,
8) Top the pan up with boiling water as required.
9) Remove the papers and turn out the pudding.
10) Serve the warm pudding with cream.
Calories 562 Calories from Fat 243
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.7%
Saturated Fat 13.9 g69.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 3 mg1%
Sodium 630.2 mg26.3%
Total Carbohydrates 74 g24.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.9%
Sugars 32.9 g
Protein 7 g13.7%
Vitamin A 1% Vitamin C 51.7%
Calcium 19.7% Iron 15.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet