Chocolate Swiss Roll with Vanilla Cream
|Self-raising flour||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Cocoa powder||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|For the cream filling|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Castor sugar||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Hot water||4 Teaspoon|
|Cold milk||6 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla essence||2 Drop (Few Drops)|
|Icing sugar||1 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat oven hot to 425°F, 220°C or Gas No. 7
2) To prepare plain Swiss roll in a bowl add 3 oz (75 g) self-raising flour without the cocoa.
3) Grease lightly Swiss roll tin approximately 10 inch by 14 inch (26 by 3 5 cm).
4) Line lengthwise with a strip of greaseproof paper and cut the width of the base and partly cover the ends by about 2 inches (5 cm) either end.
5) In a bowl sift flour and cocoa powder several times.
6) Finally sift on to a square of greaseproof paper. Keep aside in a warm place.
7) In a mixing basin whisk eggs and sugar. Place over a pan of hot water.
8) Remove the pan off the heat. Whisk the mixture until thick.
9) Take off the basin and beat for 2-3 minutes.
10) Place over a damp cloth to firm.
11) Sift flour over beaten mixture.
12) With a metal spoon gently fold into the mixture.
13) Add mixture into the prepared Swiss roll tin.
14) Spread evenly to the remote corner of the tin.
15) Put above centre in the preheated hot oven and bake for 8-12 minutes.
16) Take off from oven. With a knife loosen sides and upside the tin over clean tea cloth sprinkled with castor sugar.
17) Remove the tin and peel off the lining paper.
18) With a knife, remove the crisp edges of the cake.
19) Roll immediately inside the cake with the paper on which the Swiss roll is kept.
20) Keep aside until cold.
21) To prepare vanilla cream in a bowl cream vanilla cream together.
22) Add hot water and beat with the addition of one teaspoonful at a time.
23) Add cold milk and beat in similar manner.
24) Add vanilla essence to flavour.
25) Unroll the cold Swiss roll gently.
26) Re-roll again neatly. Chill until the filling is firm.
27) Trim the ends and dust with icing sugar.
28) Serve sliced as a dessert.