|Flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Egg yolks||3 , beaten|
|Sour cream||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Buttermilk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Shortening||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted and cooled|
|Shortening||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), cooled|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), cooled|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted and cooled|
|Egg whites||3 , beaten until stiff|
|Cherry topping||1 Tablespoon (For Serving)|
1. In a batter bowl, combine first 5 ingredients and keep aside.
2. Preheat the waffle iron to medium.
3. In a medium bowl, add egg yolks and beat with a wire whisk or electric beater until thick and pale.
4. Add sourcream and buttermilk and blend well.
5. While whisking constantly but lightly, pour the liquid mixture to the dry ingredients, adding cooled fats alternately.
6. Once the batter is smooth keep aside and let stand.
7. To a clean dry bowl, add the egg whites.
8. Use an electric beater or wire whisk to beat them until stiff, forming soft peaks.
9. Add egg whites to batter and fold in gently without beating until a few streaks of whites are visible.
10. Use a ladle or a measure cup to pour 2/3 cup batter in the center of the preheated waffle iron.
11. Spread batter evenly on the grid, Â½ inch from the edge of the iron, using the back of a spoon.
12. Close iron lid and bake the waffle until golden and crisp. This can take about 3 to 4 minutes.
13. Remove onto a serving plate and repeat to make remaining waffles.
14. Serve waffles immediately, as they are being made, with cherry topping.