Danish Apple Bars
|Flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Shortening||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|White sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg white||1 , beaten stiff|
|Crushed cornflakes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) Sift the salt and flour together.
3) Add the shortening and mix well.
4) Mix together the egg yolk and milk to make 2/3 cup of the mixture.
5) Add to the flour mixture. Stir properly.
6) Divide the batter in half and roll out to fit a 15x9-inches cookie sheet.
7) Bring the pastry up over the sheetâ€™s sides.
8) Sprinkle the cornflakes all over.
9) Cut the apples and spread the slices over the cornflakes along with the sugar and cinnamon.
10) Cover with the remainder of the pastry.
12) Beat the egg white and spread it over the pastryâ€™s top.
13) Bake in preheated oven for about 30 minutes, till the apples are tender.
14) While the pastry is still warm, ice with 1 cup of icing sugar, Â½ teaspoon of almond flavoring and water.
15) Cut into bars and serve as a sweet treat at a party.