|Lean pork fillet||12 Ounce (350 Gram)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Plain flour||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Tomato puree||2 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable stock/Chicken stock||15 Fluid Ounce (425 Milliliter)|
|Button mushrooms||4 1⁄2 Ounce, sliced (125 Gram)|
|Green pepper||1 Large, deseeded and diced|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Plus Extra To Garnish)|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon, garnish|
|Low fat natural yogurt||4 Tablespoon (Plus Extra To Serve)|
|Boiled white rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Use Freshly Made)|
1. Trim away any excess fat and silver skin from the pork, then cut the meat into slices 1 cm/1/2 inch thick.
2. Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the pork, onion and garlic and cook over a low heat, stirring occasionally, for 4-5 minutes until lightly browned.
3. Stir in the flour and tomato puree, pour in the stock and stir to mix.
4. Add the mushrooms, green pepper and nutmeg, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 20 minutes until the pork is tender and cooked through.
5. Remove the pan from the heat, set aside to cool slightly, then stir in the yogurt.
6. Serve the pork and sauce on a bed of cooked white rice, with an extra spoonful of yogurt, and garnish with a dusting of ground nutmeg.
Calories 418 Calories from Fat 98
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.1%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.2 mg0.4%
Sodium 434.6 mg18.1%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.4%
Sugars 7.5 g
Protein 29 g57.5%
Vitamin A 5.7% Vitamin C 94.2%
Calcium 7.4% Iron 12.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet