Angel Pie With Meringue Crust
|Cream of tartar||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Lemon rind||2 Teaspoon, grated|
|Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs), whipped|
|Strawberries||1 Cup (16 tbs), fresh (fresh)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 275 degrees.
2) To prepare the pie, first beat the 4 egg whites until foamy.
3) To this, add cream of tartar.
4) Continue beating until the whites turn stiff.
5) Now, add 1 cup sugar. Beat until stiff.
6) In a well greased and floured cake pan or pie pan, spread this mixture.
7) Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour and 5 minutes.
8) Turn off the heat and let remain in the closed oven for 2 hours.
9) Now, to prepare the filling, beat the egg yolks with sugar until soft peaks form.
10) To this, add lemon juice and lemon rind.
11) Over hot water, cook this mixture, until it becomes thick, stirring frequently.
12) On the bottom of the pie crust, spread 1/2 cup slightly sweetened whipping cream.
13) On top, add the cooked lemon filling.
14) Top this with 1/2 cup of whipped and slightly sweetened cream.
15) Keep the pie in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
16) To prepare the glaze, first, crush the strawberries.
17) With 1 cup of water, cook for 2 minutes.
18) Sieve the mixture.
19) In a bowl, combine 3/4 cup sugar with cornstarch.
20) Into the berry juice, stir in this mix.
21) Continue cooking, stirring often, until the glaze is thick and bubbly.
22) If desired, add a few drops of red food coloring.
23) Top the pie with the strawberry glaze and fresh strawberries, and serve. This makes the perfect dish for a summer luncheon.